Finding the seed of a Minecraft server is not as easy as you might think. But if you want to know how to find Minecraft seed, we have explained more than one method in this post.
Minecraft seeds let players craft and mine simultaneously. It can be used to build various types of parks, playgrounds, buildings instantly.
Every Minecraft world has a different seed, which are numerical commands. If you are eager to know how to find the seed of a Minecraft server, you should give this article a read.
Table of Contents
- 1 Guide To Find the Seed Of A Minecraft Server
- 2 Find the Seed of a Minecraft Server: Bedrock Edition
- 3 Find the Seed of a Minecraft Server: Java Edition
- 4 Find the Seed of a Minecraft Multiplayer Server
- 5 Finding the Seed of a Minecraft Multiplayer Server Without Op
- 6 Find the Seed of a Minecraft Server without Being an Admin
- 7 Install World Downloader Mod
- 8 Use World Downloader
Guide To Find the Seed Of A Minecraft Server
Finding the seed of a Minecraft server depends on what level of access you have. In this section, we have discussed different methods of finding Minecraft server seed. Go through the details carefully and you will know what to do.
Find the Seed of a Minecraft Server: Bedrock Edition
Instead of a command, you have to rely on a specific menu to find the seed in Minecraft’s Bedrock edition.
- Click on the “Edit” option on the world with the seed you wish.
- Locate the option “Download this World” and click on it.
- Now go back to your offline worlds and look for the saved realm.
- Select “Edit” on the saved world.
- Find the seed and save it before deleting the world, so that you don’t have to go through the same process again.
Find the Seed of a Minecraft Server: Java Edition
By using the command box you can easily find the seed of a Minecraft server in the Java version.
- Load into the Minecraft world using the seed you want to copy.
- Click “/” to run the console. The / will remain in the text line after it is opened.
- Type “seed” immediately after the forward slash. In case, you don’t see the forward-slash, type “/seed” without quotes.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Copy the seed code shown in the chat window.
Note: You need to have admin rights to complete these steps.
Find the Seed of a Minecraft Multiplayer Server
There are two options available when it comes to finding the seed in a Minecraft multiplayer server.
You can either ask it from the admins or make yourself the admin.
Once you become an admin, you can use the procedures or commands for the game version you are on. Now that you know how to find seed in Minecraft multiplayer server, it should be easier for you to get the seeds.
Finding the Seed of a Minecraft Multiplayer Server Without Op
If the server is inaccessible to the admin, he won’t be able to give you the seed.
In this case, you need someone to access the server settings, so that they can hand over the admin rights to someone else. Then you can get the seed from that person. This is probably the easiest way to get seed without Op.
Find the Seed of a Minecraft Server without Being an Admin
If the admins fail to give you the seed, you can make use of a mod. It will help you to download the Minecraft world, after which you can find the seed.
In this case, you can save the world on your PC and gain full control over it.
Out of all the installation methods, the MultiMC Minecraft launcher is probably the best option.
MultiMC can be used for more than managing mods. For example, you can use it as a backup if the launcher is broken or down.
- Go to the official MultiMC download page and select the “Download” button.
- To open the downloaded zip file, right-click on it.
- Extract the archive to its folder, and then drag the folder to your desktop.
- Click to open the folder.
- Now double-click “MultiMc.exe.”
- Next, you need to pick your language and click “Next.”
- Select your memory allocation and Java. This will need at least 4GB of RAM.
- Follow the prompts shown on the screen to complete the process.
Install World Downloader Mod
After you install MultiMC on your desktop, you can download World Downloader Mod.
- Run MultiMC on your device.
- Click the option “New Instance.”Now type a name like “1.7_WLD” and pick a group. Make sure that the Minecraft and mod versions are the same.
- Click “OK.”
- Select “Edit Instance.”
- Click the option “Add to Minecraft.jar” and then confirm your action.
- Now choose the zip file for the World Downloader mod and close the instance window.
- Double-click the file that you named before.
Use World Downloader
After you install World Downloader, you can access a server and save it on your desktop to get the seed.
However, this method is not always effective as some servers are protected against mods.
- Enter the server using the seed you wish to have.
- Pause or stop the game.
- Select the option “Download this world.”
- Pause and locate the three-dot icon and click on it.
- Now start roaming around the world as the mod needs to collect data to identify your location. It can save whatever is loaded in.
- Open blocks and chests to save them. Make sure to do at least 10 of them.
- Pause the game, and click “Stop Downloading” once you have enough information.
You are required to open containers and chests, so you can them. For villager trades, you have to open the view list.
Besides, you have to open the command blocks as well. But this can be done by only someone who has access rights to it.
Once you download the world on your PC, launch it and use the command seed to gather information.
Even if you don’t get the desired seed, it will copy the places travelled by you. It will also provide a complete map of the over-world, below and above.
By now you know how to get seeds in Minecraft. The different world has different seeds.
You can try any of the mentioned methods to find the seed of a Minecraft server. However, it will depend on the level of access you have.
Hope, you found this article helpful.